Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Ginty Thanksgiving 2017!!!

Weeeeeelllll Thanksgiving Day 2017 was ANOTHER AMAZINGLY AWESOME-FUNNNNN DAY!!!! It started off, as I previously told you all HERE, with the Fountain Hills Turkey Trot.
Then I went on a lil hike, my favorite go to place is at the end of 32nd street...
This year, I'm very excited about my two pies I made!!! I made a Pumpkin Pie...FROM SCRATCH...Like, I baked the pumpkins and scraped them out and EVERYTHING...the only thing that would have made this pie MORE home made was if I had grown the pumpkins and grounded my own spices!!! LOL It turned out GREAT, the only disappointment was my crust, I was trying something different than just boring O crust and made a pretzel-pecan crust, but I was NOT pleased with the results of that, I think I'll try a graham cracker crust next time!!! 
I also made a pie I had seen in Southern Living magazine called, "Over-the-moon-chocolate pie!" Its a someone what complicated and VERY rich pie, with four layers to it. First Graham crust, then marshmallow layer, then this rich chocolate concoction, then this amazing marshmallow merguine, it was soooooooooo GOOOOOOOD  you guys!!! And my official taste rater gave me a 9.5 out of 10...that's REALLY HIGH you guys!!! I will FOR SURE be adding this recipe to my vault!!! 
.
Next the kids did a Turkey piñata that Aunt Theresa got for them all!!! 
Could we just take a second for a moment of silence for my Thanksgiving dinner outfit...I mean...I really LOOOOOOVED IT!!! My nephew was like, buuuuut Aunt Mary, I don't see Thanksgiving in YOUR HAIR!!! I was like, Ummmm...I ONLY have a whole entire FALL GARDEN ON IT!!! I mean, REALLY WE WANT MORE??? Buuuuuuuut I guess he was looking for a TURKEY, LOL!!! 
Then it was chow time!!! Of course we did our annual tradition of going around the table and saying what we're thankful for!!!!
ALL THAT FOOD, annnnnnd this is Odie's plate...NO TURKEY FOR THIS KID,  feasting on PRINGLES!!! 
Then we cleaned up and the kids did a GINGERBREAD turkey together!!! 
Then we all play FIBBERS together, which seems to be our official family game...
Annnnnnd of course I am very, very, VERY THANKFUL to be AUNT MARY!!!
Annnnnnnd I'm very thankful as well for my WHOLE FAMILY!!! One of my mom's final words to us all before she died, aside from first and for most loving God, was that we stay a family and that we love and be kind to each other, and for the most part, (OK WE'RE STILL HUMAN;) we've done that! Despite our differences, We're still a family and we still spend our holidays together!!! XOXO
.
To be honest with you all, my afternoon hyperness of running, hiking and coffee wore off and I was NOT in the mood for shopping...buuuut I still went, hee, hee!!! Check out my sweat shirt tho...it ACTUALLY LIGHTS UP...HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!
All in all, it was a GREAT DAY!!! Wait till you all see my PIZZA PARTY OUTFIT COMING UP SOOOOON!!!
#Cuteclothes #festive #Non-teacherMissFrizzleofPentecost

♥Mary Frances :)
P.S. Remember with me LAST YEAR'S Thanksgiving and Turkey Trot HERE!!!